Graduate Students Guide to Borrowing
How long can I borrow?
- 6 months at Bass, Divinity, Music, Sterling Memorial Libraries and the Center for Science and Social Science Information (CSSSI).
- 2 months at Geology, Math, and Cushing/Whitney Medical Library.
- 1 day at Arts Library.
All circulating library materials may be recalled by another reader. You will be sent a notice in case this happens
How many books (or other types of loans) can I check out at once?
- 225 books/loans
Loans from any collection, including requests from the Library shelving Facility (LSF), are counted.
How much am I charged if I'm late returning a loan?
- Regular overdue fine: $0.50 cents per day
- $2.00 per day for overdue books that have been recalled.
- $2.00 per day for 3-day reserves.
- $3.00 per hour for reserve 2-hour and 24-hour reserve books.
- The due date stamped or receipts placed in the book at the time it is borrowed is the library's official notice that the book will be due on that date, unless it is called back earlier for another reader. The borrower is responsible for the return or renewal of the book on or before the due date.
- Lost or long-overdue material: Material that has not been returned 35 days after the due date will be declared LOST automatically. The patron will be assessed a $75.00 Unreturned Book Fee and a non-refundable $20.00 Processing Fee, as well as the overdue fines.
Contact Privileges Staff
Send questions to Privileges / Sterling Memorial Library Circulation
- Phone: (203) 432-1775
- E-mail: email@example.com
The Privileges Office is located on the ground floor of Sterling Memorial Library in the nave.
Mon-Fri: 8:30AM-12:45PM and 2PM-4:45PM