Undergraduate Guide to Borrowing
How long can I borrow?
- 2 months at Divinity, Music, Geology, Math, Cushing/Whitney Medical, Sterling Memorial Libraries and the Center for Science and Social Science Information (CSSSI).
- 21 days at Bass.
- 1 day at Arts Library.
LOAN PERIODS VARY FROM ONE YALE LIBRARY TO ANOTHER. All circulating library materials may be recalled by another reader. You will be sent a notice in case this happens
How many books (or other types of loans) can I check out at once?
- Undergraduates: 100 books/loans
- Undergraduate Senior: 150 books/loans
- Summer Students: 25 books/loans
Loans from any collection, including requests from the Library shelving Facility (LSF), are counted.
How much am I charged if I'm late returning a loan?
- $2.00 per day for overdue books that have been recalled.
- $2.00 per day for 3-day reserves.
- $3.00 per hour for reserve 2-hour and 24-hour reserve books.
- Higher fees for overdue closed reserve books.
- The due date stamped or receipts placed in the book at the time it is borrowed is the library's official notice that the book will be due on that date, unless it is called back earlier for another reader. The borrower is responsible for the return or renewal of the book on or before the due date. Check with the individual library for specific fees.
Contact Privileges Staff
Send questions to Privileges / Sterling Memorial Library Circulation
- Phone: (203) 432-1775
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Privileges Office is located on the ground floor of Sterling Memorial Library in the Franke Periodical Reading Room.
Mon-Fri: 8:30AM-12:45PM and 2PM-4:45PM