Committee Name: Work/Life Committee
Reports To: AUL for Administration
The Work/Life Committee is charged with informing and advising on work/life issues in YUL—particularly related to childcare and eldercare. Specifically, the committee will
- Coordinate programming for YUL staff on childcare and eldercare related issues with speakers from Yale Work-Life Program, Working Women’s Network, and other campus sources.
- Manage a budget of $1000 for costs associated with programming.
- Maintain awareness of work/life services at Yale, including monitoring and detecting changes and new initiatives relevant to staff.
- Lead communications to ensure that library staff are made aware of new or changing Yale initiatives, program opportunities, and services that may affect them.
- Seek out information from YUL staff about needs, opportunities, and satisfaction related to childcare and eldercare.
- Support YUL administration’s advocacy within the broader Yale discussions of work/life issues, as it works to create long-term relationships and opportunities for communication with other relevant groups across the university.
- Advise YUL administration about matters arising related to childcare and eldercare at Yale, in the community, and among YUL staff.
- Conduct ad-hoc research to support library administration’s advocacy for improved eldercare and childcare at Yale University.
Frequency of Meetings: Monthly
Committee Chair: Molly Wheeler
- Susan P. Brady
- Michael Brenes
- Emily DiLeo
- Jason Helms
- Julie Linden
- Molly Wheeler
- Diane Napert
- Shawana Snell
Term of Service: Two Years
Member Selection Method: Six to ten members will serve staggered two-year terms, appointed by the Associate University Librarian for Administrative Services. The chair will be appointed by the AUL for Administrative Services from among members who have served a year. Depending on availability, initial members joining from the Work & Family Life Committee will be appointed to one year terms.
Committee Website: http://guides.library.yale.edu/c.php?g=296401&p=1974636
Committee Contact: Molly Wheeler