At the heart of the university, the Yale University Library provides outstanding support for teaching, learning, and research at Yale, and for the world-wide scholarly community, through our staff, collections, programs, spaces, and services.
- Library staff are committed to the library mission, and effectively anticipate and respond to the ever-changing teaching, learning, and research landscape.
- The library is a gateway to exceptional collections and continuously strives to enhance discovery, access, and use of the collections.
- Library programs contribute to a vibrant intellectual commons for Yale and the community.
- Library spaces are inspiring, functional, and adaptable to the changing practices of scholarship, teaching, and research.
- Library services are intuitive, seamless, and driven by an evidence-based understanding of the disparate needs and research practices of our users.
- User Experience: Proactively engage with users and staff to improve services continuously.
- Teaching, Learning, & Research: Strengthen current and emerging teaching, learning, and research practices at Yale through new services and expertise.
- Collections & Access: Select, acquire, describe, preserve, and provide intuitive access to a wide array of outstanding research materials. Optimize library processes, mechanisms, and services to support acquisition and discovery of collections.
- Engagement & Partnerships: Enhance collaboration with stakeholders at Yale and other institutions to determine and implement highly-effective and efficient solutions to accomplish the university’s goals.
- Digital & Technology Infrastructure: Build a scalable, extensible, dependable, robust, and sustainable digital and technological infrastructure to enable the library to best carry out its mission.
- Organizational Culture: Maintain a skilled, agile, diverse, respectful, collaborative, and committed staff, who thrive in an ever-changing, continuous-learning environment.
- We recognize that service to the Yale community is our top priority.
- We are clearly aligned with the agile strategic goals of Yale.
- We are one unified library system.
- We collaborate with partners, internal and external to the library and to Yale.
- We leverage technologies to provide the best services in the most effective and efficient manner.
- We assess what we do and how we do it to ensure operational effectiveness and quality service delivery.
- We are committed to creating an inviting and inclusive environment that enhances teaching, learning, research, innovation, and collaboration.
- We hold ourselves and each other accountable for excellence in our work and our relationships.
- We expect every staff member to be an ambassador for the library and for Yale.