This guide provides quick references to both print and online resources for East Asian studies in western languages. For resources on China, Japan, and Korea-related topics, please go to the guides for Chinese, Japanese, and Korean Studies respectively.
General Research Tools
Most Commonly Used Databases in East Asian Studies
- Orbis Yale University Library catalog, the best place for you to find books, journals, newspapers, microfilms, DVDs, etc. on East Asia at Yale.
- WorldCat A union catalog for many academic, public, and special libraries in North America and around the world. It is the best place for you to discover materials that are not available at Yale
- Bibliography of Asian Studies Contains citation records on all subjects related to Asian studies in Western-languages from 1971 to the present.
- Google Scholar Searches academic publishers, professional societies and pre-print archives. Many of them are related to East Asian studies.
- JSTOR A full-text English-language scholarly journal database. Includes a subject list of Asian studies journals.
- Factiva Contains nearly 8,000 sources from 118 countries and 22 languages, and 120 continuously updated newswires.
Theses & Dissertations
- Dissertations & Theses Provides full text of North American dissertations since 1997. Abstracts of earlier dissertations are also available.