What is it?
Borrow Direct is a rapid delivery service that allows you to search and obtain books from the top academic libraries in the country - for free.
When do I use it?
If you can't check out a book or monograph right now at Yale, or if Yale doesn't own it, then you can request it through Borrow Direct.
How long does it take?
Borrow Direct requests arrive within four business days. Often, they are here within two.
How long can I keep materials?
Items are checked out for six weeks at a time, with one renewal. Items may be due sooner if recalled by the lending library.
- Brown University Library - since 2002
- Columbia University Libraries - since 1999
- Cornell University Library - since 2002
- Dartmouth College Library - since 2002
- Harvard University Libraries - since 2011
- Johns Hopkins University Libraries - since 2014
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology Libraries - since 2011
- Princeton University Library - since 2002
- University of Chicago Library - since 2013
- University of Pennsylvania Libraries - since 1999
- Yale University Library - since 1999
Who do I contact about...
Get Help Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Help is available Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Call: (203) 432-1775
Text: (203) 826-2053