This guide is a portal to Yale's government information collections and related research tools.
- United States Government Manual
The official handbook of the U.S. federal government. Includes an overview of agencies, organizational charts, and names of top personnel. Earlier editions are archived here
- Leadership Library (Yale subscription)
Includes information on personnel in Congress, executive branch agencies, the judicial branch, military installations, and service academies. Under "Explore Organizations," you'll find information on personnel in state governments, IGOs and NGOs, lobbyists, and more.
- Federal Staff Directory (print)
- Congressional Directory
The official directory of the U.S. Congress. Features short biographies of House and Senate members, along with their committee memberships, terms of service, administrative assistants, and contact information. Also includes officials of the courts, military establishments, and other Federal departments and agencies, including D.C. government officials, governors of states and territories, foreign diplomats, and members of the press, radio, and television galleries.
- Insider's Guide to Key Committee Staff of the U.S. Congress (print)
- Congressional Biographical Directory, 1774-present
- Judicial Staff Directory (print; Law Library)
Search the Yale Library Government Documents FAQ: