The Yale University Library has significantly expanded its reserves service with a new reserves management system that is fully integrated with Classes*v2 and Canvas and other learning tools in use at the university. This page is dedicated to submitting course reserve requests through Canvas.
Click here to learn more about submitting materials through Classes*v2.
Please consult this guide for detailed information on how to use the new reserves tools. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
To start a reserves list in Canvas, please do the following.
Items can be added individually to a reserve list in Canvas. This can be done even after items have been imported from a previous class.
1. Click the link "Add reserve items now" or click "Add Reserve Items" to add individual items to your reserve list.
2. You can request either a print or electronic reserve:
3. Fill in as much information as you know. The following information is required:
4. Tag the item - students will be able to filter by these tags (e.g.week 2, assignment 1) otherwise all materials will appear in one long list. We recommend that you tag by week or class number so as not to have to retag items if you reuse the items next year.
5. Let us know how to obtain the item:
6. If you are uploading a file, you will be prompted to select the file and upload it. Otherwise, you're done - library staff will contact you if there are any questions or problems that merge while processing your request.
Reusing items from a previous class can save significant time in both data entry and reserves processing. Follow the subsequent steps to import items in Canvas.
For specific Yale course reserves: