How long can I borrow?
- 1 year for all General Circulating Collections
- 1 week for materials from the Film Study Center
All circulating library materials may be recalled by another reader. You will be sent a notice if this happens.
How many books (or other types of loans) can I check out at once?
- 225 books/loans, including up to 10 items from the Film Study Center
Loans from any collection, including requests from the Library shelving Facility (LSF), are counted.
How much am I charged if I'm late returning a loan?
- Graduate Students are generally not charged for regular overdue books. However, the Library appreciates the timely return of books.
- Lost or long-overdue material: Material that has not been returned 30 days after the due date will be declared LOST automatically. The patron will be assessed a $130.00 Unreturned Book Fee.
- Other types of overdue fees:
- $2.00 per day for overdue books that have been recalled.
- $2.00 per day for 3-day reserves.
- $3.00 per hour for reserve 2-hour, 3-hour, and 24-hour reserve materials
- $0.50 per day for overdue Film Studies DVDs
- The borrower is responsible for the return or renewal of the book on or before the due date.
Borrowing materials from other Ivies+ institutions (BorrowDirect Plus)
Graduate students are eligible for free on-site borrowing privileges from all Borrow Direct institutions. To see a full list of participating institutions along with links to each institution's policies, please visit http://www.borrowdirect.org/on-site-borrowing.
Problems with your account
If you believe you've accrued a fine in error or if you believe you've returned an item that is still on your library account, please fill out the following form.