The collections of the Yale University Library are represented in multiple online catalogs that have been converted to electronic form from card catalogs and other special catalogs. Together, Orbis, Morris (the Law Library catalog), and the Center for Research Libraries (CRL ) constitute the Yale University Library online catalog. Use these catalogs to determine what materials (books, journals, archival collections, etc.) are held by Yale, and where these items are located.
- Orbis in the Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC).
For help using Orbis:
Orbis Searching Guide
- Special Library Catalogs at Yale
- Catalogs for library materials not accessible, or not easily accessible, through Orbis.
- Center for Research Libraries Catalog
- The CRL Catalog is the online catalog of the Center for Research Libraries in Chicago. Its primary purpose is to collect those research materials not targeted by the North American research institutions. All resources in the CRL Catalog are available to Yale University faculty, staff, and students through Interlibrary Loan.