It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library building hours and access are limited at this time. Services and support are being provided remotely. See COVID-19 library updates.
Founded in 1925, the American Association for the History of Medicine is the oldest continuously functioning scholarly organization devoted to the study of the history of all aspects of the health profession. Its purpose is to promote interest in the field and encourage research and teaching.
Papers collected by Arthur J. Viseltear in connection with his research on the development of the American Public Health Association's Medical Care Section. Included are relevant records from the organization (1940-1957) documenting its research into the question of incorporating medical care into public health with special reports on medical care for the indigent, rural medicine, and relations between hospitals and health departments.
The Margaret S. Mahler Psychiatric Research Fund was established in 1972 with funds from the deMenil Foundation of Houston, Texas to further the research of Margaret Mahler and her colleagues. In 1976, the research fund became independent of the deMenil Foundation, and the Margaret S. Mahler Psychiatric Research Foundation was created. The Foundation continues operating to the present.
The World Academy of Art and Science, founded in 1960, contains an international membership of natural and social scientists interested in serving as an instrument to further world order and human dignity. The social consequences and policy implications of knowledge are primary concerns. The organization holds conferences, meetings, and symposia in various countries and issues publications.
The Society of Clinical Surgery was founded in 1903 as a surgical travel club. Meetings are held in hospitals and clinics, where members attend presentations and demonstrations to keep abreast of current surgical ideas and techniques. The records consist of correspondence, minutes, membership lists, programs, reports, and photographs which document the founding of the Society of Clinical Surgery.
The records consist of minutes, annual reports, grant files, and correspondence of the Hastings Center and of its founder and president, Daniel Callahan. The Hastings Center was founded in 1969 by Daniel Callahan and Willard Gaylin to address the moral problems posed by rapid advances in medicine and biology through a broadly interdisciplinary approach.
The records consist of administrative files of the organization, biographical and historical material on the fund, editorial files, press releases, bibliographies on aspects of public health, and specialized reports on individual programs. Fund officers whose biographical material and speeches were collected include John A. Kingsbury, Albert Goodsell Milbank, William H. Welch, and C.-E. A. Winslow.
Founded in 1926 by four sisters, growing to an international religious community of 700 women, performing medical missions in over 30 countries in Asia, Africa, Europe, North and South America. Contains annual report, calendar, historical leaflet.
The records include correspondence, minutes of meetings, office files, financial and legal papers, and memorabilia of the New England Grenfell Association, founded in 1914 to promote missionary and medical work in Labrador and Newfoundland.
The records include minutes of meetings, committee files, correspondence, membership lists, and programs for meetings, which relate to the administration and work of the New England Society of American Foresters. The records include minutes and other materials dating from the organization of the society as the New England Section of the Society of American Foresters.
The records document the history of the Connecticut Public Health Association (1974) and its predecessors. Most materials date from 1946-1993 and consist of correspondence, minutes, bylaws, constitutions, newsletters, officers' reports, and memoranda relating to the business of the organizations. These papers form part of the Contemporary Medical Care and Health Policy Collection.
The Connecticut Regional Medical Program was formed in 1965 as a result of Public Law 89-239 which provided federal grants to encourage the formation of cooperative arrangements among medical institutions in regional areas. The program conducted an intensive investigation of existing health care facilities in Connecticut from 1966-1968.
The records consist of policy and financial records, reports, correspondence, student records and notebooks, photographs, and alumnae records documenting the operations of the Connecticut Training School for Nurses. Topics include curriculum, administration, organization, social work, legal issues, funding, personnel, and social events.
The Connecticut Academy of Arts and Sciences was founded in 1799 in New Haven. The records consist of minutes of meetings, financial records, correspondence, exchange agreements, and publications arrangements which document the founding and continuous activities of the Connecticut Academy of Arts and Sciences.
The records consist of minutes and tax and statistics books documenting the operations and activities of the New Haven County Medical Association, which formed in 1784 as the Medical Society of New-Haven County.
The records consist of the administrative records of the Yale-New Haven Hospital from the office of the Executive Director. A large part of the records are from the office of Albert W. Snoke who was executive Director from 1946-1968.
The records consist of articles of association, incorporation documents, minutes of meetings, administrative files, and printed material, which document the history and activities of New Haven Machine Tool Exhibition.
An artificial collection of papers of Yale faculty members and other individuals active in the academic fields of astronomy, biology, botany, geology, mathematics, physics, agriculture, chemistry and zoology.
The records consist of correspondence and subject files documenting the operations of the Bingham Oceanographic Laboratory at Yale University. Topics include faculty and personnel, environmental issues, national biological stations and institutions, and naval reports and research.
The records consist of correspondence, minutes, reports, financial records, student records and papers, photographs and memorabilia, grade books, clippings, class records, and administrative files documenting the history and operations of the Sheffield Scientific School and relate to virtually every aspect of its activities.
(Circa 1916-1943). The records consist of correspondence, applications, recommendations, and general subject files documenting the activities and operations of the Department of Pharmacology at the Yale School of Medicine.
1936-1981). The records consist of student files, correspondence, research and grant materials, reprints, and reports of department chairman Harry S. N. Greene and grants and contracts of the Department of Pathology at the Yale School of Medicine.
The materials consist of photographs documenting the construction of Kline Geology Laboratory at Yale. Included are photographs of architectural models, ground-breaking ceremonies, and interior and exterior views.
The records consist of administrative files, reports, correspondence, and personnel and student records documenting the Department of the History of Science and Medicine (known as the Department of the History of Medicine prior to 1959) at the Yale Medical School.
The records consist of the constitution and by-laws of Associated Medics (Delta Epsilon), and minute books of the Yale Medical Society, the Yale Medical Alumni Association, and the Association of Yale Alumni in Medicine.
(1888-1987). The records consist of correspondence, memoranda, reports, curriculum materials, subject files, faculty and personnel files, and financial and administrative files of the deans of the Yale School of Medicine. Included are records of deans George Blumer, Milton G. Winternitz, Stanhope Bayne-Jones, Francis G. Blake, Cyril N. H. Long, Vernon W. Lippard, and Robert W. Berliner.
The records consist of correspondence, referrals, reports, reviews, photographs, and minutes documenting the activities and responsibilities of the deputy dean of the Yale School of Medicine. Included are the records of Arthur Ebbert, Jr. as deputy dean.
The records consist of correspondence, memoranda, subject files, minutes, grade books of Richard Foster Flint, and a departmental history documenting the activities and operations of the Yale Department of Geology and Geophysics. Includes mineralogy papers and notebooks of Yale mineralogists Samuel Lewis Penfield, George Jarvis Brush and William Ebenezer Ford.
(1822-1958). The records consist of the general account records of student fees and medical supplies; receipts and ledgers; and two account books of Herbert E. Smith, dean of the Yale School of Medicine.
The records consist of correspondence, letter books, financial papers, reports, and recommendations documenting the period of planning and construction of the Astronomical Observatory, also known as the Yale University Observatory.