Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Build your skillset at the medical library!
- Participate in free, tailored, hands-on workshops online. Check out the offerings here -- everything from literature reviews and citation management software to graphic design! You can suggest topics, too -- for a public workshop, or for your department or lab.
- Watch our video tutorials anytime -- short videos about everything from PubMed to Research Impact Assessment.
- Set up a one-on-one consultation or a group session with Kate Nyhan, public health librarian. You can schedule a meeting at a time that works for you. We'll meet in person or on Zoom to discuss your project. Need help with literature, data, GIS, bioinformatics, open access, citation management, publishing, reporting, or evidence synthesis? Let's talk!
Ask-a-Librarian Office Hours Schedule
Spring Semester runs from January 25 - May 11, 2022
WHAT ARE ASK-A-LIBRARIAN OFFICE HOURS?
Office hours allow you the opportunity to meet with a public health librarian in person or online and ask them questions. Read on about typical student/faculty questions we receive.
OFFICE HOURS SCHEDULE:
- In-Person: Thursdays from 9:00 am - 10:00 am at 47 College Street - Student Lounge, starting February 10
- Virtual: Thursdays from 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm on Zoom; get Zoom links from https://library.medicine.yale.edu/ysph-librarian-office-hours
- Exception: on Thursday April 14, there will be virtual office hours only. For in-person office hours in that week, please come on Tuesday April 12, 10-11 AM.
If we ever have to cancel, we'll post the details on the medical library's workshop calendar at http://bit.ly/CWML-YSPH
WHAT CAN WE CHAT ABOUT?
- Finding articles and books for your topic/methods
- Literature reviews
- Citation management
- Critical appraisal
- Research data
- Grey literature
- Library website
- Anything library-related
- Or stop by & show us your favorite animal picture!
DO I NEED TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT?
No appointment needed - just drop by.
DO I HAVE TO WAIT FOR OFFICE HOURS TO ASK A QUESTION?
Nope! There are many ways to get help: