Reserves at Yale
Types of Reserves
The required and suggested readings for Yale courses are typically placed on course reserve. These may take two forms.
- eReserves: Available instantly through Classes*v2
- Print reserves: Listed in Classes*v2, must be checked out from the library
In Classes*v2 you will find a "course reserves" link on the left. Click this link to see reserve materials. You may click on the tags above the list to filter results by relevant week or subject.
Print reserves are generally shelved separately from the rest of the books in the library. Some reserve materials at Bass are shelved with the general collection. Ask at the circulation desk in the individual library for their location.
Print reserves have varying loan lengths which are noted in Orbis. Check at the circulation desk at your library for details.
Print reserves cannot be renewed.
Note: Significant fines will apply when reserve materials are held past the time when they are due back. See more fine information below.
E-reserves are linked from within Classes*v2. If you have difficulty accessing a reserve item please email the library immediately or ask at a circulation desk. We wil attempt to identify the problem and restore access as soon as possible.
How much am I charged if I'm late returning a loan?
- $2.00 per day for overdue books that have been recalled.
- $2.00 per day for 3-day reserves.
- $3.00 per hour for reserve 2-hour and 24-hour reserve books.
- Higher fees for overdue closed reserve books.
- The due date stamped or receipts placed in the book at the time it is borrowed is the library's official notice that the book will be due on that date, unless it is called back earlier for another reader. The borrower is responsible for the return or renewal of the book on or before the due date. Check with the individual library for specific fees.
- Lost or long-overdue material: Material that has not been returned 35 days after the due date will be declared LOST automatically. The patron will be assessed a $75.00 Unreturned Book Fee and a non-refundable $20.00 Processing Fee, as well as the overdue fines.
If you cannot locate a print item, or if you have trouble linking to an ereserve, please contact staff right away.
If a print item is lost, notify our staff and then try Borrow Direct.
Contact Reserves Staff
For specific Yale course reserves:
Get Help Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Help is available Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Call: (203) 432-1775
Text: (203) 826-2053