The Bibliographical Press supports, coordinates, and hosts events that emphasize the history, practice, and significance of printing and the book arts. All lectures and keepsake printing events are free and open to the public.
Jesse Marsolais, stone carver and letterpress printer
- Thursday, September 28 at 12:45pm
- Stone carving demonstration and discussion of his work
- Robert B. Haas Family Arts Library, enter via the Loria Center, 190 York Street
Avner Moriah MFA'83, painter and book artist
- Thursday, November 9 at 4pm
- Talk about his ongoing project illuminating the first five books of the Bible
- Reception to follow
- International Room, Sterling Memorial Library, 120 High Street
- Co-sponsored by the Judaic Studies Program
Performance/Reading of "A Life in Books" by Warren Lehrer (MFA '80)
- Friday, December 9 at 6:30pm
- Yale University Art Gallery Lecture Hall (enter via York or High streets)
- In celebration of the exhibition: The Book As Stage
- In conjunction with the Odds & Ends Art Book Fair , Dec. 9, 11:30-4:30
- Reception at the Robert B. Haas Family Arts Library 4:30-6pm
Exploring the Treasures of the Yale Library: Founder's Day Open House
- October 5 from 10am to 1pm
- See the Albion iron hand press in action and take home a keepsake
- Learn about course support opportunities for Yale classes
Amelia Fontanel, Associate Curator, Cary Graphic Arts Collection, Rochester Institute of Technology, March 10, 2016
- 3pm lecture "The Kelmscott-Goudy Press Legacy at Rochester Institute of Technology"
- 4pm keepsake printing, The Bibliographical Press, Sterling Memorial Library
- The lecture will discuss the impressive provenance and detailed restoration of the Albion handpress that once belonged to William Morris, now in the technology collection at RIT's Cary Graphic Arts Collection.
Robin Price and Barbara Benish, November 10, 2015
- Lecture about their collaboration on the forthcoming book project The Song of Songs. A related exhibition, which included process materials of this work, was on view at the Robert B. Haas Family Arts Library through February 19, 2016.
- Keepsake printing following the lecture.
Installation of Angela Lorenz's Victorious Secret: Elite Olympic Champions as Dancing Bikini Girls
- Lecture by the artist on March 25, 2015, with "print your own keepsake" following
Historical hand papermaking with Peace Paper Project, September 3-4, 2014
- Papermaking demonstration and campus participation, September 3, 2014
- "Print your own keepsake" on Peace Paper handmade paper, September 4, 2014
Yale Program in the History of the Book Biblio-Laboratory "Time and the Book," September 12, 2014
- elements of handset metal type
Sterling Memorial Library nave open house "print your own keepsake", September 18, 2014