The EAL Japanese rare book collection held in Beinecke Library consists of over 1900 titles, mainly of Edo-period woodblock-print books of a variety of types: novels, dictionaries, maps, picture books, calligraphy samples, and travel accounts.
1. View the collection list to identify items you wish to view.
2. Click call number of titles to submit the request materials to use in Beinecke Reading room.
3. Please know that each item must be requested at least two days in advance of your visit.
4. If you are not affiliated with Yale University and visiting Beinecke first time, bring two types of photo IDs (driver's license, passport, etc.) at the time of your visit.
5. For more information, please visit Beinecke's plan your visit page.