You may watch our video tutorial (CC available) or follow the following steps:
Note: If you previously had a non-enterprise login account, please contact us to request a transfer of that account's content into the enterprise login account.
We get reports of errors when Yale members are using ArcGIS abroad. It seems the main issue is slow internet connectivity. The request to connect to the license server times out. Please use the following instructions and let me know if it works:
Credit: Henry Glick
To login to Collector using your Yale ArcGIS Online account, follow the next steps
|1. Open Collector||2. Click on "Enterprise Account"||3. Enter "yalemaps"||4. Click "Using your Yale University"||5. Enter your Yale NetID and password|
Troubleshooting for PC Installation
If ArcMap is not opening, please follow the 4 steps outlined below:
I. Did you follow the pre-installation steps concerning .NET Framework?
If not, you might need to uninstall and reinstall ArcGIS
II. Review various license aspects
1. Open ArcGIS Administrator
2. Check if you licensed the right software and connected to the right license server
a. Click on "Desktop" folder
- Check if the software product selected is "Advanced (ArcInfo) Concurrent Use"
- The license server should be the one listed in the latest installation instructions
3. Check if your license is not expired
a. Click on "Availability" folder (below/inside "Desktop" folder)
- Review under the column "Expires" the date - if you cannot see the year, you may expand the column width
- Review under the column "Available" if it says "Yes"
III. Check if you have borrowed the various features included in ArcGIS
a. Click on "Borrow/Return" folder (below/inside "Desktop" folder
- Check that the various features are checked as "borrowed"
IV. Did you install and overwrite an older ArcGIS version?
If so, there is a small chance that the uninstaller failed. You will need to uninstall and reinstall ArcGIS
Still not working? Please contact your IT helpdesk
Yale ITS provides student support. To get rapid and targeted response, identify your local support contact at http://its.yale.edu/help/student-support.