Please read these instructions thoroughly before creating a user account in ArchivesSpace.
- Go to the Yale ArchivesSpace main page (https://archivesspace.library.yale.edu/) and click on Sign In in the upper right hand corner of the page.
- At the bottom of the Sign In dialog box, click on Need an Account? Register Now.
- On the following page, you will be presented with a form to enter the necessary information to create your user account. Please fill in only the following fields.
- Username: You are required to enter your valid Yale Net ID as your ArchivesSpace username. If you do not enter your Net ID as your username, your account will be deleted and you will be asked to repeat the registration process.
- Full Name: Please enter your first and last names.
- Password: Please create a password of your choice to use with ArchivesSpace. It should be something that makes sense to you, and that others can’t readily guess like (e.g. Not 12345). Please do not use the following characters in your password: @ # % & + ;
- Email: Please enter your valid Yale email address.
- Click on Submit.
- Please inform your supervisor that you have registered for an ArchivesSpace account. Your supervisor must then send an email on your behalf to your department’s repository manager (*see list of ASpace repository managers below) with the subject line “New ArchivesSpace Account Created.” Your supervisor should cc both you and the YAMS Co-Chairs on the email. The email must contain the following information:
- Your Yale NetID
- Yale email address
- Your first name and last name
- Your position Title
- Your department
- The repository manager will then review the information that you have entered in your user account to make sure it is correct. If it is, she will assign the appropriate user permissions to your account and send you an email to confirm this. Reminder: if your username does not match your Net ID, your account will be deleted and you will be asked to repeat the registration process.
- After your repository manager confirms that you have been assigned user permissions in ArchivesSpace, log in with your username and password to make sure you can now access your department’s repository. You can now use ArchivesSpace!
Yale ArchivesSpace Repository Managers
Arts Library: Mar González
Beinecke Library: Mark Custer, Matthew Gorham
Fortunoff Archive: Christy Tomecek
Divinity Library: Chris Anderson
Lewis Walpole Library: Ellen Cordes
Manuscripts and Archives: Alison Clemens, Alicia Detelich
Medical Historical Library: Melissa Grafe, Kathi Isham
Music Library: Jonathan Manton
Peabody Museum: Larry Gall
Yale Center for British Art: Rachel Chatalbash