RECORDING MEASUREMENTS WITH SCALEX
- With the Scalex in place, slide the gauge all the way to the short side of the measuring box.
- In the Scalex Ready Connect window, click on Zero to set the Copy Measure field to 0, and you are ready take your measurements.
- Copy Count field should display 0. This button and field will not be used.
- Slide the gauge to the right with slight pressure on the knob to ensure the planwheel remains in constant contact with the surface of the measuring box.
- Before copying your measurement into the Book Measure fields, confirm that the measurement it is correct by looking at the end of the Reading strip protruding from the right side of the gauge. If the planwheel loses contact with the surface of the measuring box it could be incorrect. The measurements should be within 1-2 mm of each other.
- Click your cursor in the Book Measure field you would like to record the measurement.
- Finally, click on Copy Measure. Your measurement will appear in the field.