This page addresses research into the relationships between filmmaking and the world beyond filmmaking (or of which filmmaking is only one instance), such as the relationship with specific social groups, ideas, and technologies.
- These issues overlap with other important topics, such as:
- Themes, Subjects and Characters: what a film is about, how an issue is represented in movies, or what characters it revolves around (as distinct from who made the film).
- Critical Approaches & Problems: ways of analyzing films and aspects of them.
- Directors, Actors, Writers, etc.: individuals and social groups in the motion picture industry.
- Filmmaking: the roles and activities of directing, producing, acting, filming, etc.
Examples of Subject Headings for Searching Orbis
Aspects of Films and Filmmaking
Relationship Between Filmmaking and Other Topics