It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
A bio-bibliography for the Arabic literary tradition Sezgin Online consists of volumes 1-9 of Fuat Sezgin's renowned Geschichte des arabischen Schrifttums (GAS), the largest and most modern bio-bibliography for the Arabic literary tradition in general and the history of science and technology in the Islamic world in particular.
Sezgin Online offers bio-bibliographical information about renowned figures (writers, poets, philosophers, physicians, scientists, linguists etc.) from the Islamic world in the following subjects:
• Qur’anic studies, law, mysticism (vol. 1)
• poetry in Arabic until the eleventh century CE (vol. 2)
• the history of Islamic medicine (vol. 3)
• chemistry (vol. 4)
• mathematics (vol. 5)
• astronomy (vol. 6)
• astrology (vol. 7)
• lexicography (vol. 8)
• grammar (vol. 9)
Features and Benefits:
• Standard reference in the field.
• Largest and most modern bio-bibliography for the Arabic literary tradition and the history of science and technology in the Islamic world.
• The first and only online version of this standard reference.
• Includes content from 9 of the original volumes (4,959 pages total in print).
• Full-text searchable.