Yale Special Collections
There are thousands of finding aids published by Yale Libraries to help you navigate our large archival collections [i.e. primary sources], many with South Asian material.
- Search the Yale Finding Aid Database directly
- Search in Orbis (protip: some Yale finding aids are in Orbis)
[country] + "finding aid"
About this tab
This Collection Highlights tab gives you links, hints, and guides to searching for Special Collection material in the Yale University Library System. This includes information about multiple collections in:
- South Asian material in Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Materials from and about British India
- Images and writings of Mahatma Gandhi
- Himalayan Collections
- South Asian Persian Collection
- South Asian art, images, and architecture
Browse for these topics through the sub-menus above. If you have questions, do not hesitate to ask for help! You may also want to browse through Libanswers to see if someone else has already asked your question.
Librarian for South Asian Studies
Sterling Memorial Library, room 210
(look for the bulletin board)
International Collections and Research Support
Mail: PO Box 208240
New Haven, CT 06520-8240
Tel: (203) 432-7795
South Asia, Area Studies, Himalayan studies, Religion, Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Hindi, Sinhala, Sanskrit, Pali, Foreign languages and literature
Writing down the bones : freeing the writer within / Natalie Goldberg