Please schedule a Zoom
or Microsoft Teams
with me using my scheduler
. Due to the Yale University COVID-19 response, in-person appointments may or may not be available, depending on library policy and University guidance. If an in-person option is available, it will be noted in the scheduling tool.
How can I help you?
Many people don't know what library liaisons do, and it's okay to be uncertain! This list is by no means comprehensive, but here's what I can do as your research support librarian:
- Advise you on constructing background research/article queries
- Discuss how to extract and use research impact metrics (e.g., the h-index, locating publication and citation statistics for fields and subfields, finding Yale-affiliated papers in databases in a specific research area, discussing bibliometric network visualization and data cleaning—bibliometrics is in many ways a subfield of Library & Information Science!)
- Work with students, faculty, and staff on using Mendeley, Zotero, and/or BibTeX with Yale Library resources
- Show you how to use Yale University Library services and resources
- Help you locate subject-specific data and statistics
- Consult on data and other information topics
Important: If you are on the open Internet and get paywalled, you may be able to get access to what you're looking for through the library!