Drop-In Hours (during the fall 2018 semester):
Tuesdays: 10-11 AM, Astronomy Lounge, 52 Hillhouse
Tuesdays: 3:30-4:30 PM, KGL 102 (note: sometimes, there are events held in the department; if that happens, you can find me at CSSSI instead)
If none of these time works for you, please click "Schedule Appointment" below my photo so we can meet one-on-one.
How can I help you?
Many people don't know what library liaisons do, and it's okay to be uncertain! This list is by no means comprehensive, but here's what I can do as your research support librarian:
- Advise you on constructing literature/article queries
- Discuss how to extract and use research impact metrics (e.g., the h-index, locating publication and citation statistics for fields and subfields, finding Yale-affiliated papers in databases in a specific research area, discussing bibliometric network visualization and data cleaning—bibliometrics is in many ways a subfield of Library & Information Science!)
- Work with students, faculty, and staff on using Mendeley, Zotero, and/or BibTeX with Yale Library resources
- Show you how to use Yale University Library services and resources
- Help you locate subject-specific data and statistics
- Consult on data and other information topics (although, as I am a member of the Research Data Support Services group, please use the RDSS contact form if your question is related to your two-page data management plan or information organization standards for your research).
Important: If you are on the open Internet and get paywalled, you may be able to get access to what you're looking for through the library!